We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Friday, March 12, 2010

So excited for a friend!

I have an online friend named Jenny. And, although we've not met in person, I've known her for 3 or 4 years now. (Might be longer, but I'm getting old and can't keep track of time.) She lives in California. She's as sweet as she can be and is beautiful, inside and out.

Her daughter just turned 15 in February. She has wanted to get into modeling (she's about 6' tall!) and last October, she signed with a talent agency. She had a photographer shoot her portfolio. Here are a few pictures.




Then, in November, she got a call from another agency. This agency is in San Francisco and is a much bigger market. They wanted to interview her. So Jenny took her to San Francisco. She interviewed for her first job later in the month. It was for a Sony PlayStation ad. She got the job! How exciting! Here are a few pictures from the set of the ad.

With the director:


On the set:


As Jenny said - every (teenage) girl's dream:


She's done some other things, too. Here are a few pictures from a fashion show she did:



Then, in late February, just days after her 15th birthday, she gets another call. Possibly THE CALL to shoot her to super stardom. (I can hope, can't I?) It seems Armani is doing a showing of his Niemann Marcus clothing line in San Francisco. And he hand-picked her to model! How cool is that? Here are a few pics (from Jenny's cell phone) from that event.

Hair:


Makeup:


The venue:


The star:




And here she is modeling the dress Jodie Foster wore to the Golden Globes.


And, just so you know, her daughter isn't the only shooting star in the family!
The day her daughter got the call about the Armani show, her son came in from baseball practice and shared something that happened at practice. It seems when he arrived, the coach asked him if he was ready to pitch. He said, "Sure, Coach!" The coach said, "I'm glad, because there are a few men here who would like to meet you and see what you've got." Then, the coach introduced him to two scouts - one from the Florida Marlins and one from the Minnesota Twins!!
Now, probably most of you reading this know how I am. I admittedly don't know anything about fashion. And I LOVE baseball. But I wanted to share Jenny's story. I'm so happy for her and her family. So I asked if it would be okay to share her story on my blog.
Please join me and wishing Jenny and her family continued success and many blessings!!
Love ya, Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment