We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Friday, March 19, 2010

Driving

Do you like to drive?

I do. I love for us to get in the car, with no particular destination, and just drive to see where we end up.

Now, that's odd, I guess, coming from someone who didn't get her drivers license until she was 24 years old! (Long story, maybe another time)

Now, once I got my license, I would drive anywhere, anytime. I'd take off to Atlanta to see the Braves. (Did I ever mention how much I love the Braves?) :)

I'd take an afternoon drive and end up somewhere I've never been. I once ended up in Spartanburg. Couldn't tell you how I got there, but it took me 5 or 6 hours. And I had to call Daddy and tell him where I was and ask how in the heck to get back home!

Then I learned to read maps. :D

Now, with all these folks with GPS systems (which are wrong sometimes!) I think people have stopped using their common sense.

And what's with people driving 45 in the "fast lane" (what ever happened to slower drivers keep right?)

And people pulling out in front of you when there's no one behind you. But they can't wait 5 seconds for you to get past them. Their time is precious.

Then they turn 3 driveways down the road.

Oh, and don't even think about anyone using a signal. Because if they do, they FORGET TO TURN IT OFF!

Anyway.... I do like to drive.

Do you?

.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should get right in your car and set your GPS for DELAWARE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get out my Atlas. No GPS here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I will be using my trusty GPS when I come to visit with you. I'll have an atlas in the car too, but i'll be GPS'ing it all the way!

    ReplyDelete