We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Monday, March 29, 2010

Amish Friendship Bread... turns into cake!

Have you ever had a friend or family member pass along one of those friendship bread "starter" bags. You know, the bags full of goop?

Someone at my Mom's school gave her a starter bag of Amish Friendship Bread. It's a cinnamony bread. It's delicious!!

But when you "feed it" before you make your bread, you wind up with 3 or 4 bags of goop to give away.

I tried Mom's bread and it was delicious. And I thought it would be really good if you added some shredded apples and chopped pecans and made it into a layer cake. With cream cheese icing.

So, Mom gave me 2 bags of the starter goop to make my cake. (I didn't think one batch would be enough for 3 layers.)

I mixed up the cake according to the recipe. I added 2 (peeled and shredded) Granny Smith apples and a bunch of chopped pecans. I like pecans!

It made 3 cake layers and 18 muffins!

I baked and let them cool. Before baking the muffins, though, I added some cinnamon and sugar to the top. It baked up all crispy and delicious!

Here's a few pics of the cake. (Sorry, no pics of the muffins.)




Want some? (and no, I didn't put the pepper in the cake...
I just have a reeeaaaally small kitchen)





Here ya go!






I did this a while back, but just now getting around to posting about it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment