We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomorrow, August 18th, 2010

Is our seventh anniversary. SEVEN years!! My how time flies!



Have you ever wondered how we met?



No? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway.



I used to frequent an Atlanta Braves chatroom. A bunch of folks from there would meet up every year at a Braves game. We had so much fun. I met a family from NC (man, wife, daughter) at the first meet up. We became quick friends.



Anyway, when the chatroom closed, we remained friends. The daughter emailed me to let me know there was an unofficial Braves chatroom and bulletin board.



Once while looking through the bulletin board, I noticed one thread immediately. It was a book signing just 1 1/2 hours from my house. I posted asking what the book was about. The author posted a description.



Then my friend sent an email saying she had purchased one of these books (murder mystery) and it was a good book, so I decided I'd like to have one.



The book signing was on a Saturday, but it was the same day one of my best friend's was getting married. And I was doing the wedding cake, so I couldn't get to the signing. I posted on the board, giving him my email address, so he could tell me how to get in touch with him to buy a book.


Here's his book: http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9825


Turns out, he lived less than 20 miles from me. We planned a time where I could come by to buy my copy.



I went by his house one Thursday after work to get the book. I bought his book. And he let me "borrow" another of his books. (I later found out this was just so I'd have to come back to his house to return the book).



Anyway, we went on our first date that next Tuesday.



We were engaged a month and a half later.



We were married 2 1/2 months after that!



And it's been seven years. And I love him more each and every day.



God sure knew what he was doing when he joined these two hearts.

Happy Anniversary Baby! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment