We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Doing things you have to do, not things you want to do

After losing my Daddy back in 2004, my new husband, Tim and I decided we should take care of our "affairs" should something happen.

Did we? No, of course not.

But, after losing my brother Chris less than a month ago, I know it's something we need to do.

You would not believe how organized he had things for Judith. But, that's my Chris.

I've contacted my HR person to see how much life insurance I have on myself and on my husband. I'm updating beneficiary information.

I'm trying to write a will. Before I go to a lawyer, I want to have in mind what I want to happen. Have you ever done that? It's HARD.

At 41, I think I'm fairly young. But Chris was only 33.

You're never too young to get your affairs in order.

Write down insurance company and policy number information. Know who your beneficiaries are and if they need to be updated, DO IT.

Write down who your mortgage is with and if you have life insurance on the mortgage.

Write down all your creditors, account numbers and contact information.

There's so much stuff to write down and make your loved ones aware of.

*sigh*

I'm a fun loving, life loving person. I don't want to think about death.

But sometimes you have to do things you HAVE to do, not the things you WANT to do.

Do it. Your loved ones will appreciate it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment