We don't lead an exciting life...

but I thought it would be fun to give a glimpse into our simple life.

And believe me, it's NOT like Paris Hilton's simple life.







Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Now THIS is a home opener!

I'm an emotional person. Most of my friends know that. But I'm also very passionate about certain things. Family. Friends. Cooking. And Baseball.

Yes, I said baseball. Particularly BRAVES baseball.

I've loved baseball since I was a little girl. Wanna know how it started?

When I was a little girl, we used to visit my cousin's grandmother on the "other side" (not my grandma). She lived in Georgia. When we visited in the summertime, if the Braves were on, you either watched the Braves or you went in the other room so as not to disturb her.

She was a spry little lady. She dipped snuff (eww!). She loved my Daddy (and the rest of us) as much as she loved her own children and grandchildren. Even though she didn't have much patience with people interrupting "her" Braves, she took the time to teach me who was who and what was what.

I was about 4 or 5. I'm 41 now. My love for her and the Braves has grown exponentially.

She died several years ago. I'm glad she lived to see the Braves come in to their own for a few years. She (we) suffered through the days of 100 loss seasons. We liked to say we are fans from the good ol' days.

I'm very passionate about my family and friends, my love of cooking. And the Braves. And Granny Collins.

I miss you Granny Collins. But I know you and Daddy are rooting for us to win it all this year!

Oh, and yesterday's home opener?

We blasted the Cubs 16 to 5! What a way to start off Bobby's farewell tour!!

Win or lose, it's going to be a great year.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment